Here is a picture of the U.S. Line of Succession… The people next in line for the presidency if anything should happen to Trump. It looks like it’s going to be a White Christmas, y’all.
Trump is intentionally filling his Cabinet with administrative leaders who are wanting to destroy Government (like making Rick Perry Energy Secretary after he said he wants to eliminate the Department of Energy) and billionaires who stand to make even more money from their dealings (like Rex Tillerson, the ExxonMobile CEO who is now fifth in line from the presidency). This is what “making America great again” looks like: Rich white men with all the power and making all the decisions. In comparison, here is a picture of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Cabinet:
You might not be able to tell from this picture, but here are a few facts about these folks:
- Half of the members of this cabinet are women.
- The Minister of Science actually has her Ph.D.
- The Minister of Health is a doctor.
- The Minister of Agriculture used to be a farmer.
- The Minister of Veteran’s Affairs is in a wheelchair after being shot in a drive-by shooting.
- The Minister of National Defense is a Veteran. And one of three Sikhs picked.
- The Minister of Transport is a freaking astronaut.
- The Minister of Democratic Institutions is a Muslim refugee.
- In a country far less diverse than ours, the diversity of Canada’s cabinet picks put our President Elect’s picks to shame.
Another thing–You might not have read it, but if you want a better picture of how royally screwed up Trump’s cabinet picks have been so far, please read WHAT I WROTE YESTERDAY. It’s more than just an article trying to convince people to draw Hitler mustaches on Trump’s face… But yes. It’s that too.
And lastly, here is a picture from textsfromsuperheroes.com. It’s awesome. It’s somehow funny and terribly sad at the same time… Kind of like 2016.
We’ve got to fight. We’ve got to stay focused. We’ve got to do more than hashtag activism. We’ve got to RESIST the feeling of powerlessness that the ones with all the power are wanting us to feel. Please call your representatives. Call your electoral college delegates (here are a list of their names). Call your senators. Fight. Focus. Resist.